Montag, 28. Januar 2008

DEFINETELY I DROPPED DOWN THE CRIME RATE IN L.A. BY HUGGING SOME PEOPLE IN THE UNDERGROUND...

After the amazing WAM event last thursday in the Doubletree Hotel in LA. with Kaya Redford, James Dean Armstrong and Bob Proctor himself I missed my lift back to Phoenix and had no Hotel room for this night. So I waited for the next Greyhound bus to come at 1:00 a.m. on a street anywhere in rainy L.A., which did not show up, as you may have expected.

Unfortunately I had not enough money to stay in the hotels I went in, but in the Hilton Hotel in L.A. near the downtown they allowed me to wait for the bus in a very comfortable chair in the lobby - I was more than grateful for that in that night, completely soaked and chilled to the bones. The next morning I walked down the streets and went by train to downtown L.A. to get a ticket for the Greyhound bus back to Phoenix.

In the train I met a friendly old men in a big wheelchair, which lived on the streets, lost his friends and used to play guitar for his living and in memory of his friends.

Later I was so overwhelmed of the goodness of that guy and of all I had experienced in the last week in my Certified City Leader training in Phoenix, that I not only started to cry and to be totally grateful for everything I had discovered about me and the wonderful people around me, but also I decided to give some FREE HUGS to the crowd which would come pouring out of the trains on their way to work ... So I pulled a sign out of my briefcase, where it showed "Kostenlose Umarmungen" on the one side and "FREE HUGS" on the other side.

And without facing the terror barrier, as Bob Proctor names this feeling of coming out of the comfort zone, I shouted out to the people: "Free Hugs, fresh from Germany - I am here to serve YOU". Most people laughed and grinned at me, but eventually 20+ people came to take or to give me a HUG - can you imagine that? One elder lady even started to cry and said, that I saved her day!

That went for half an hour, when a security guy came and asked, what was in my briefcase and what I would do here and where I came from. After answering him he banned me, but I was shure, that I had done something good that day to at least 50+ people, even if I only performed them a beaming smile on their faces, I am sure that I put some positive energy out in downtown L.A. and that, my friends, has definetely a positive impact on the crime rate, wouldn´t you agree?

Would would happen to You and to the world if we would take the focus off our own personality for some moments and give something good to every person we come in contact with - even if it is only a faithfully meaning smile or a FREE HUG to an old lady...

Christian aka LuckyFolks, back home in good old germany ...